Mod 5 Strategy Application
Vocabulary Selection and Teaching Plan The text I selected: 3/5ths clause in the United States Constiution https://constitution.congress.gov/browse/essay/artI-S2-C3-1/ALDE_00001034/ Instructional goal of a lesson in which I would use this text: The students are using this source( along with other sources) to either defend or argue against the statement that the freed people were really free after the civil war. Word or concept Word Level Purpose/learning task—What, specifically, do I want my students to know about the word/concept? Strategy or approach for teaching the word Before During After Enumeration Level 2 Understand the correlation between the census and political representation. Frayer Model During Apportioned Level 3 ...
I also agree that asking questions is important when analyzing text. You did a great job explaining the definition of the president and also explaining the setting of the president. I often try to cover all the 5 W's: who, what, when, where, why, and how when I explain things to my students and also have them write detailed sentences using the 5 W's. It actually has been working well. Lastly, I liked how you went over which words are positive and negative. It reminds me of the denotation and connotation lessons.
ReplyDelete